- Stand Up for Fairness
- Solidarity with Striking Bonfield Municipal Workers
- Solidarity with Striking University of Windsor Workers CUPE Local 1393
- Solidarity with Striking CUPE Local 1281 Members
- Save Child Care in Ontario
- Sign the petition against Bill C-525
- Shadow Summit and Mass Rally
- Ontario Budget 2013
- Close The Gap - Pay Equity
- Time to Care - Long Term Care
- New TV ad marks next phase of CUPE campaign
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry
- Raise the Rates! Fight Poverty!
- Archived Files
Re: Union Calls For Ban On Israeli Professors, Jan. 6
As a university professor and a Jewish-Canadian, I commend CUPE for initiating a boycott of Israeli academics. As I recall, the boycott of South Africa, and notably the boycott of South African academics, helped focus world attention against apartheid. While Israeli academics who speak against the massacre in Gaza should be exempt from a boycott, the many silent professors in Israel who refuse to criticize their own government for human rights violations and for murdering Arab civilians should not be welcomed.
Judy Haiven, Halifax.
opinion letter National Post January 9, 2009