- Stand Up for Fairness
- Solidarity with Striking Bonfield Municipal Workers
- Solidarity with Striking University of Windsor Workers CUPE Local 1393
- Solidarity with Striking CUPE Local 1281 Members
- Save Child Care in Ontario
- Sign the petition against Bill C-525
- Shadow Summit and Mass Rally
- Ontario Budget 2013
- Close The Gap - Pay Equity
- Time to Care - Long Term Care
- New TV ad marks next phase of CUPE campaign
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Registry
- Raise the Rates! Fight Poverty!
- Archived Files
Boycott Porter Airlines
Porter FBO On Strike
Sign the LabourStart petition - Union Members Object to Their Pensions Bankrolling Anti-Union Porter Airlines (English) (Français)
The 22 members of COPE 343 who fuel Porter aircraft at the Toronto Island airport went on strike on January 10, 2013, for safer working conditions and industry-standard wages.
These employees are the lowest-paid in the industry. The average annual income of the striking workers is $28,000. Porter has not provided a decent, industry-standard wage for their work.
The workers are concerned that temporary replacement workers being hired by Porter will not have the skills necessary to ensure the safety of the flying public. Fueling can be very dangerous, and a mishap involving fuel could have dire consequences for workers as well as for Porter passengers.
Based on these reports, the Union is concerned for the safety of the flying public.
COPE is asking the public to cancel their flights with Porter and boycott the airline until they come to the table and bargain a living wage for its workers.
For more information, visit DontFlyPorter.com
Fred Hahn at the Porter FPO Picket Line: